Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Reality check

I've physically moved on to the next phase in life, but my head is still in the clouds. I'm not adjusting, I'm not bothering to learn, I'm not bothering to think, I'm not even bothering to make an effort to go for classes! Someone kick me please? I need a reality check. Ok, no, wait! I was kidding! tsk..

Tuesday lectures are really a waste of time. (Oh no! There I go again!)

Went to The Rice Table to eat today and it was really really filling. I seriously thought I was going to burst. Can that happen? Can you eat so much till your stomach bursts? Probably not. At the most the food will just go out the way it came in right? I'm not sure if it can burst, but according to an Indian myth its possible. Haha ok maybe that's why it's called a myth. Ok I digress. Anyway, did I mention that it's cheap? It's only $12 something ++ per person and it's free-flow buffet of Indonesian dishes. My advice is either don't take any rice, or take very little rice if you must, so you can maximize the amount you can stuff into your stomach. The total was $30.50 for two after tax and service charge and wet-towel charge (80 bloody cents each?!). The only quibble I have is that the food was a little on the cold side. It wasn't cold cold, but it wasn't warm either. There was this metal thingy which they put the dishes on to warm it but they could've at least warmed it before serving it right? Yea, but the food was not bad. I liked the tahu telor and the satay ayam and the ayam lemak chili padi. I'll give it a 3/5 on the "Must Try!" scale.

No comments: