Sunday, April 03, 2005

Money makes the world go round.

I was just reading yanti's blog and yan, I don't think you're very materialistic at all. Ok, maybe a bit la. :) Heh but yea, I think money does make the world go round. Well, my world at least.

Some idealistic people say that you can be happy even without money, as long as there's love. Hello the last I heard, this was the 21st century and seriously, without money you'd be sitting by the side of the pavement living on donations from passers-by, (I don't mean to be rude to the plight of those people who actually do beg, but just stating the facts) bak kata pepatah, kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang.

People need money for basic everyday necessities like food and shelter. And shopping! Oh wait, no, wrong... Yea, food and shelter and clothes. And anyway, money makes everything more convenient doesn't it? Think: cars, cabs, air-con, MP3 players, handphones, digital cameras, PDAs, laptops (cos desktops are so last millennium), the list goes on. Ok, so maybe we're all just too used to these everyday conveniences that they've become necessities (eg. can't leave home without my phone). But seriously, in this day and age, only monks live the simple life. Almost everyone else is in the chase for the newest cars and newest gadgets, newest what-nots. Just makes life seem rather meaningless doesn't it? Well, then maybe we'll do a little community service to put our minds at ease. Or even better, to collect CIP points! Eh don't need to anymore ah.. Ok, I'm digressing.

Anyway, yea, I too am getting caught up in this material chase. I want an iPod.

___

Sometimes I pity Jonathan. I'm not a very good girlfriend. I'm high-maintenance, demanding, selfish, impatient, and I always want things done my way. On the other hand, he's really really patient and giving and often gives in to me. Though sometimes, that pisses me off cos I wish he'd be more assertive. It's not that he gives in ALL the time, but he never wants to argue or fight even when I'm spoiling for a fight. Sometimes it makes me feel like hitting him. Haha. Ok, am I crazy? Heh I'm not an abusive girlfriend I hope. Yea... I'm starting to wonder, how much more of this giving in and being patient he can take. What if all that suppressed emotion bursts out one day? That'd be scary... Well, let's just hope that day doesn't come ya? :) Anyway, I think I should make a conscious effort to give my fair share in this relationship cos it can't just be a one-way thing. I told him about this, and he said I do give my share and I'm not selfish. So am I being too critical of myself or what? I know he thinks I'll get angry if he says "Yes, sometimes you are too much". And maybe I will get a little upset, but I just want to know. For real, please?

No comments: