Yesterday in class I almost fainted.
It was during my group presentation, I'd already done my part and said whatever I needed to say and was waiting for my groupmates to finish presenting their parts, when I suddenly blacked out. You know how you start to see spots and then they just combine into one big black cloud of nothingness and you can't see anything although your eyes are open? Yea, that happened and I couldn't hear anything either. I know I probably should have sat down or something, but I somehow didn't want to move either, cos at that time I was afraid if I moved I'd surely faint (which, on hindsight, isn't such a bad thing I suppose, at the very worst I'll just wake up in hospital), so I just leaned there against the wall, oblivious to what's going on.
I came to when the presentation was almost over (that was about 10 mins later) and apparently quite a few people noticed I kinda blacked out. My classmate offered to follow me to the toilet (thank you!) and she said I was just standing there when my face suddenly changed. Another friend said I looked scary, like expressionless.
I don't know why it happened, but my guess is I was exhausted. Firstly, there were 2 tests this week (one additional chem test on top of the weekly tests what we have) and I haven't exactly been doing very well for the said weekly test, so I was already feeling quite stressed what with lectures to catch up with and tutorials to do. Secondly, I didn't take thursday off like I normally do cos I wanted to catch up with my lectures. And lastly, I didn't exactly rest well the entire week. You know you haven't slept enough when you wake up with bodyaches every morning.
Yea, so got home yesterday and got some much needed sleep and kinda just lazed around the whole day today... But I couldn't stop thinking of all the work to be done, so started doing my biochem lab report. Sigh... :/ School is going to be the death of me...
No comments:
Post a Comment