I was reading something on probability, chances and coincidences, and they claim that it's possible to calculate the probability of incidents occuring at the same time (coincidences) and that it all basically boils down to numbers.
Sounds highly plausible, I guess, but doesn't that deprive your life of the beauty of coincidences. I think there's something sort of magical about coincidences. Like there's some strange power governing our lives. It can't just all be dictated by numbers can it? But when you think about it, coincidences only gain meaning when you give them meaning. You attach meaning to these events, so that they become meaningful coincidences, because you want to believe that these things happen for a reason. And sometimes you probably think too much, trying to dissect these events to figure out why they happen in that way. You wonder if it's a sign, or if it's fate? But then again, maybe coincidences are just something that we choose to believe in, that we fabricate, so as to give some meaning to the events that occur in our lives.
So was it just merely coincidence? Or was it something more?
No comments:
Post a Comment