Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I crumble, like my cookies.

I thought cleaning your room was supposed to make you feel a lot better. I suppose clearing out all the junk in my room kinda relieved some pent up stress/anger, and it did make me feel like I accomplished something. And a change in the layout helps too. Now my desk faces the window. Good feng shui. I hope.

Change is good, yes. They're delivering our new bookshelves on Friday. We could open a library in here.

As good as cleaning makes you feel, the process sucks. Don't get me started on the dust. Just thank God I found the face masks. And then there are the things you come across while cleaning up that bring back memories. Memories of things you'd rather not remember, like hospital receipts and ex-boyfriends. And being the overly sentimental girl I am, I can't bring myself to throw some of these things away, although my motto this year was "No mercy!" And I planned to bin everything that hasn't been touched in a year. It's such a waste of space! I swear, and such a big headache to think of places to store these "memories", and these things will probably never be used or looked at anytime in the next year, until spring-cleaning time comes by again. Wait, I can't even call it spring-cleaning it's like autumn now? Oh wait I forgot, Singapore has the same lousy weather all year round. Why are girls so sentimental? It's really annoying. Anyway, more recent junk, movie tickets etc, and the emotions they evoke make me wonder if I'm actually falling for a certain someone. I guess it's a little too late now? We don't go out as often as we used to. Come to think of it, we used to go out too often. But "too often" was good for me. I liked "too often". But I guess school's started, so we're both kinda busy. Anyway, issues of the heart aren't a top priority right now, so *shrug*. No use mulling over it.

Anyway, I spent the whole day cleaning, but I couldn't get my mind off work. It doesn't help that the Biochem Eng test is next week and I really have to do well for this one cos I screwed up the last one (strange, I subconsciously typed "scored on the last one" haha I wish...). And Design project, and FYP and job applications, which I haven't started on. I don't even know who I'd like to be my professional reference. I hardly know any of my professors. Damn the big cohort, and me for not giving more of a damn in the past 3 years. I'm really hating this semester. It's a reality check. And it's too much of a shock for me to absorb all at once. And this sem is really too much mannn. There's constantly work to be done and I have hardly any time to breathe.

I want to go to Brazil. Yea, came across my plans while clearing up. Hah! Obviously they never materialised. Ugh.

No comments: