Friday, August 01, 2008

Wind-swept...

Ok suddenly had the inspiration (?!) to blog.

So let's start with updates:
- Graduated! In one piece. :) One happy, and still unemployed, piece 2 months on.

- Went to Korea & Hong Kong, which was totally awesome, I wish it would've lasted longer. You know how they say time flies when you're having fun? Yea I don't believe it's over. You know how they also say that time seems to slow down when you're in danger/ a life or death situation? It's not true at all either way of course, time can't slow down or speed up, but in a dangerous situation, your brain tends to pick up more information and "writes" it word-for-word, so to speak, so you don't miss a single detail. So when you play it back in your head it seems to have taken forever because of all the detail written into that memory. For normal memories on the other hand your brain just skims through it and so time doesn't seem to stand still cos there aren't as many details and all you get is a foggy picture of what you've been doing for the past 2 months. Anyway, why can't my brain have taken in more details of Korea. Sigh.

- Got 3 teeth removed and went around toothless for 10 days. I'm getting my braces today! at 3.30pm! :) I want to have a last lunch, before I'm doomed to eat porridge for the rest of my days. Or at least for the next week or so.

- Got 2 haircuts in the space of 2 weeks. One good and one not so.

- Went to Chek Jawa!! YAy! But I didn't get to count seagrass. Instead I was stuck knee-deep in mud. That was an experience that I'd rather not recount. Let's just say that it involved a lot of me screaming like a total bimbo.
Will be going to Semakau this Sunday. Semakau has got to be one of my favourite shores. I love that it's untouched cos you get to see so many interesting creatures and I like the feel of the cool water on my feet when we count seagrass in the little "seagrass lagoon". Too bad it's dangerous to go barefoot on the shore. Let's hope all goes well. :)

Ok now for random thoughts:
One of the things I remember most about my childhood is how I used to love lying down on the grass, on the sand, on the car, anywhere, and just stare at the clouds and their changing shapes and make up stories. I miss doing that.

Everyone seems to be worried about my not having a job. Everyone except me. I like having this free time actually. I have a chance to do some of the things I've always wanted to but never had the time to do. Except, most of those things require money, so I'm still stuck at home. Time and money seem to be exclusive of each other. When you have one, you don't have the other. I want both.

Ok now for a song:
Rain - Priscilla Ahn
I like how it twists the old childhood rhyme. Rain rain, don't go away... Sun can come back another day...

No comments: