I was looking through this interesting portfolio builder thingy on my school's IVLE website (that's Integrated Virtual Learning Environment, for the uninitiated) and I realised I had better start building a good resume. Well, actually I should've started long ago, but still, it's not too late I suppose. I was thinking, it'd be so nice to have stuff to fill in in the Scholarships/Awards section or the Special Projects, or the Community Service sections. And then I started thinking, should that be my motivation for involving myself in community service and for taking on "special" projects (whatever the hell those are)? Is that the right kind of attitude? And then I figured, "Heck! As long as it looks good on my resume, it's fine by me!". Hehe kidding. I suppose I would really, truly, like to immerse myself in activities that will enrich my mind and spirit and... Oh heck, who am I kidding... Haha, no no! Wait! Seriously, I would like to take on new "special" projects. I'm sure it'll be a really different experience. Different as compared to rote learning and boring ol' school work. And I would really like it. But where do I look for stuff like this? A lot of random shit comes in my school mailbox and I'm wondering if I should try some of them out, you know, go for the interviews, but none seem particularly interesting to me. Maybe I'm just being picky. And another thing is, I think it's about time I gave back to society. Yea, I know that sounds cliched, but I do want to do a bit of comm. service. I don't really know what's stopping me though. Heh... Ok, this thinking about my future thing is making me hungry...
Weather today was fine :) hope it'll be the same tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment