Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Something rant-worthy.

What is it with girls in relationships?
Will it kill you to leave your boyfriend alone for ONE night to go out with your girlfriends? Really, I don't think he'll die either. You need your space and he needs his. You can't spend every living moment with the guy.

Ok this is what sparked off this rant. My friend Pinky's back from Australia and she's supposed to go back to Australia in about 3 days. Yea so we planned to meet last Friday and Miss inseparable-from-my-boyfriend (MIFMB) asks whether she can bring him along.
Ok, fine so you had plans. But you ALWAYS have plans with him. Even when we asked you to go to JB with us for a shopping trip, you wanted to bring him and in the end you didn't go either. Who on earth brings their boyfriends on a shopping trip. With their girlfriends?! Oh I just realised that they've all gone to study overseas except me and MIFMB. Ok, out of point, anyway, but this is not the first (or second) time it's happened. Whatever happened to the good old days (excuse the use of the cliche, but it fit so well here) when we used to go out and just chat and go shopping and eat mushroom swiss and weird stuff at taka basement?

I mean, yea I'm guilty of blowing off my girlfriends a few times when I just started going out with Jonathan. Well, yes, I just couldn't get enough of him if you want to put it that way. I suppose that happens with most "new" couples, but after a while don't you realise your friends are just as important and don't you need some personal space?

You know what my stand is on clingy girls!! Being in a relationship shouldn't mean you two have to share a spine!

No comments: