Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Oh how I miss those days...

Feeling a little sentimental so had to blog this down...

I miss my friends... I miss just sitting and chatting about everything and anything. The closest I get to that nowadays is sitting outside the LT7a cafe during the break between lectures.

I miss the sec. sch days when the 408 girls just sit in the canteen and talk and eat granny smith apple chips during recess or after school.

I miss track trainings when me, heather and meida warm down together and chat while stretching and then go buy chin chow from the auntie in the RI canteen.

I miss how me, meida and ili would sit, waiting for the sun to set enough to shade the 8th lane before starting to train so it wouldn't be too hot.

I miss going out with Linda and sitting at bk with our mushroom swiss, fries and mayo and barbecue sauce, talking till our drinks get diluted.

I miss talking on the phone with Jeremy and how we'd somehow have stuff to talk about for hours.

I miss talking to Pinky on the phone and how we'd always talk for too long and then I'd worry about how she has to pay for the call charges.

I miss jc friday pe lessons when we'd continue playing even though the lesson's over. And how we'd ask people to buy drinks down so we could sit at the grandstand talking nonsense.

I miss sitting at the Oasis with Ama, Yan and Ilda, trying to study but then we always end up talking and buying food over though we're not supposed to eat there, but nobody cares anyway.

I miss the 852 bus rides home and how I sometimes almost miss my stop cos we're too busy chatting.

I miss going to Ama's house and trying to study but then end up baking cookies instead.

I miss our VCD marathons and Yanti's brownies. And I don't mind that I always go home with a stuffed nose and puffy eyes cos of her cats.

I miss late night prata sessions with my sister and Noraish. Heh and miss staying up watching anime and poking my sister when she falls asleep, but then giving up soon after cos it's not working and she isn't going to wake up.

The list could go on...

I feel so antisocial nowadays. I just don't feel like talking to people I don't really know that well. I guess I just don't feel like making the effort to get to know people all over again. It's tiring. Maybe it's that comfort zone thing. And maybe that laziness and apathy bug that's bitten me ever since I stepped into uni has some share of the blame too.

Maybe I'm just resistant to change. And I thought the younger generation adapted better to changes. Heh, well, there's always an exception to the rule.

No comments: