Sunday, May 08, 2005

Of coloured pets and doggy clothes.

I was reading the paper today about colouring dogs. While I'm not violently against it, as long as it does not harm the dog (though I'm not sure if this has been proven), I do think it looks plain stupid. It's like up there, along with making your pets wear clothes, on the "most stupid things to do with your pets" list.

The thing that really made me laugh was what was said by one of the pet owners who dyes her pets. She said something along the lines of: the dog was really happy after looking in the mirror and came to lick her. Otherwise it would have been sulking. (I'm too lazy to get the paper to get the exact quote, but you can go read it yourself, today's papers, I think lifestyle?) Yea, so at this point, my first reaction was "WHAHAHHAHAA!" and then "Dogs are colourblind, stupid!". It probably came to lick her cos that's just what dogs do (at least that's what Kester's dog does). As an afterthought, I doubt that dogs can even recognise themselves in the mirror.

Yea, so I'm amazed at the lengths people go to torture, erm I mean pamper, their pets. I really doubt dogs feel comfortable in clothes at all since they already have fur to keep them warm and Singapore's weather is so bloody hot, and I doubt whether they care that their fur is coloured and whether they're the coolest dog around.

So if you really want to pamper your pet, give it love and attention, cos no matter how cliched it sounds, love never goes out of style.

No comments: