Monday, April 03, 2006

Of violence and tummy aches.

I watched Munich today, and I thought it was a pretty good show (and was made even better by the fact that Eric Bana is a hottie teehee). Anyway, something that was said really struck me:

"The Palestines didn't invent bloodshed. How do you think we controlled the land? By being nice to them?"

Hehe I laughed initially, but then I realised how true it was. Violence breeds violence. And right now, the world is trapped in a vicious cycle of violence and hatred and there just doesn't seem to be a way out.
I used to wonder why people kill each other. What message are they trying to put across? What are they trying to achieve? It seems like all they've succeeded in doing is making Islam synonymous with terrorist. But then again, how else are they supposed to get the world's attention? No one's gonna take heed unless someone gets hurt first. Then they know you're serious. Ok so the thing now is, they've got the world's attention. Now what? What is it they want?

Heh ok I'm rambling, I know... I had a nice argument formed in my head before I took my nap but then now it's gone.. And those were the remnants of it. And it doesn't help that it's 2am now..

On a different note, I've been entertaining the thought of moving overseas after I graduate. Maybe find a job that requires me to travel a lot. But more about that another time... Right now I just wanna sleep. And I think I ate something bad too cos my tummy's doing backflips and I feel like throwing up. :S

No comments: