Friday, August 20, 2004

mid-life crisis

My sister has left. I know I should be used to it by now, but I guess it's just the initial loneliness that sets in before i realise "HEY! I have the entire room to myself! Par-tayy!!". Heh...

I've been feeling kind of lonely lately. I haven't been meeting up with people and I realise I really do miss them. :/

I'm still dreading this whole idea of uni life. I'm dreading the idea of making new friends and having to start all over again on a clean slate. I'm dreading the landslide of work that i've allowed to accumulate over the past 2 weeks. I'm dreading the inevitable increase in the workload. I'm dreading waking up so early and going to school. It's all becoming a bit too tedious for me. It's like I'm a teenager having a mid-life crisis. I see no direction in my life right now, I have no idea what I'm doing. It all seemed so clear not so long ago, but now I'm not so sure. It's like I was walking along, so sure of where I was headed, but I got lost. I can't see where I'm going. I can't retrace my steps. So now I'm just walking around going nowhere in particular. Ok, I sound so melodramatic. *sigh*

Maybe I'm just resistant to change.

Oh yea, Jonathan has to stay on on Tekong. :/ He's asleep now. Tired... Poor thing.

No comments: