Ok, no, no toothpicks, but I probably need them. Trying to stay awake. Waiting for athan to call.
I think my stomach controls my life. I dare say life because it has gone beyond dictating what, when and where I eat, it also controls my moods. My temper gets very short when I'm hungry and sometimes I just get very impatient. Ask Jonathan. Heh. So you say, hey it's not that difficult to not let my stomach control my actions. But I say nay, that's not the situation at all because my stomach really knows how to throw a mean temper tantrum (I get gastric quite easily) and I'll be in pain and that's not a very nice feeling at all. In fact, it makes me even grumpier. So the best way is just to placate it and submit to it's every whim and fancy. And God knows it likes to eat at the weirdest times. Ah well...
Anyway, I think I'm talking nonsense.
Oh, lately I've been watching Malay current affairs programmes (like, that's so unlike me right? I mean current affairs programmes are bad enough, but in Malay?!), but sadly, they often provide no new insights or new ideas or new arguments or new viewpoints. I was watching one show which had a little segment on the A level results and they had one person from Mendaki there to speak as well as an A level student. Anyway, I was watching the Mendaki woman answer the questions posed to her and I was sitting there thinking, "Hey, even I can give advice like that." and "Erm, yea, so what's your answer?" Everything said was just so general and served no purpose except to waste 30 minutes of my precious time.
For example, the presenter asked the question along the lines of what Mendaki can do to help Malay students wanting to go into university with regards to financial assistance. She answered somewhere along the lines of going to their respective institutions and applying for the tuition loan schemes offered by the school. Yea, that's obvious, but I thought the question was what Mendaki can do to help.
Another question posed: What advice can you give to students blah blah (forgot the rest of the question).
Answer: Well, they just have to work hard and be consistent in their work.
Erh... Yea... Even I can say that. In fact, having been through it all, I can give better advice than that. Sheesh...
Ok, so maybe I shouldn't generalise after having watched only 2 episodes. But if these 2 episodes are anything to go by, the standard of Malay current affairs programmes, well, to put it nicely, it's quite embarrassing.
No comments:
Post a Comment